I A Richards


Maari 2 is a 2018 Indian Tamil comedy action masala film directed by Balaji Mohan. It is a sequel to his 2015 film MaariDhanush, besides producing the film under his company Wunderbar Films, also stars the title character. Sai PallaviVaralaxmi SarathkumarTovino Thomas & Krishna Kulasekaran will play other important roles.It was released on 21 December 2018.

Maari 2‘s “Rowdy Baby” was written by Dhanush. it's good kind of silly stupid love, the song is a cheeky, lazy, naughty beats & naughty romantic track. In this song dhanush use Mix Metaphor and full contradictions in lyrics. 

Lyrics in Thanglish                                              English Translation

Hey! En goli sodaave                                            Hey, my fizzy cold drink                              En kari kozhamve                                                  My spicy hot sauce
Un kutti puppy naan                                              I’m your little puppy
Take me Take me                                                 Take me, take me

Hey! En silku sattae                                              Hey, my silky soft thing
Nee weightu kattae                                               My smoking hot chick
Love sotta sotta                                                    Dripping with love
Talk me Talk me                                                   Talk me, talk me
Hey! My dear machan                                           Hey, my dear prince
Nee manasu vechaa                                             Just say the word
Namma orasikkalam                                             And we can cuddle
Nenju jigu jigu jaa                                                 All day long
Hey! My dear rani                                                 Hey, my dear princess                                
En dream la vaa nee                                            You rock my dreams
Namma onnaa seraa                                            When we get together
Fire pathikkiruchaa                                               It’s fireworks
Raa, Namma beachu pakkam pothaam               Come, let’s hit the beach
Oru dappaang kuthu vesthaam                            And dance to some beats
Nee ennudaiya rowdy baby                                 You are my rowdy baby
Raa, You are my only girl friend                           Come, you are my only girlfriend                     
I will give you poochendu                                     I will give you flowers
We will make us new trendu baby                        we will make us new trend baby
Potthaam                                                              Come on
Vesthaam                                                             dance
Rowdy Baby                                                         Rowdy baby
Girl friend                                                             Girlfriend
Poochendu                                                           Flowers
New trendu baby                                                  New trend baby
Rowdy Baby                                                         Rowdy baby
Rowdy Baby                                                         Rowdy baby               
Unnale aei moodaachu                                        I’m romantic because of you and
My hormone-u balance-u damage-u                    Damage my hormone balance  
Aei kamakchi, en meenakshi                               Hey, kamakshi, my meenakshi
Indha maarikkum unmela kannaachi                   Maari’s got his eyes on you
One plus one two maamaa                                 One plus one is two, my love
You plus me three maamaa                                You plus me is three, my love
Vaadi jansi rani en krishnaveni                           Hey, Jhansi rani, my krishnaveni
I'll buy you pony                                                  I will buy you a pony
Aththa otteenu vaa nee                                      Come ride it
En mandhiravadhi nee kedikku kedi                   Hey, magician you’re a smooth operator
Naan unnulla paadhi namma semma Jodi         I am part of you, we are the perfect pair
Hey! En goli sodaave                                         Hey, my fizzy cold drink                        
En kari kozhamve                                               My spicy hot sauce
Un kutti puppy naan                                           I’m your little puppy
Take me Take me                                              Take me, take me
Hey! En silku sattae                                           Hey, my silky soft thing                         
Nee weightu kattae                                            My smoking hot chick
Love sotta sotta                                                 Dripping with love
Talk me Talk me                                                Talk me, talk me
My dear machan                                                Hey, my dear prince
Nee manasu vechaa                                          Just say the word
Namma orasikkalam                                          And we can cuddle
Nenju jigu jigu jaa                                              All day long
My dear rani                                                      Hey, my dear princess                                   
En dream la vaa nee                                         You rock my dreams
Namma onnaa sera                                           When we get together
Fire pathikkiruchaa                                            It’s fireworks
Raa, Namma beachu pakkam pothaam            Come, let’s hit the beach
Oru dappaang kuthu vesthaam                         And dance to some beats
Nee ennudaiya rowdy baby                               You are my rowdy baby
Raa, You are my only girl friend                        Come, you are my only girlfriend                     
I will give you poochendu                                  I will give you flowers
We will make us new trend-u baby                   we will make us new trend baby      
                                                     Rowdy baby
                                                     Rowdy baby
                                                     Rowdy baby




In this song we fond so many things which can see with the problematic. so this song we can see with the help of figurative language.  The very first problem we see in the very first stanza that the girl compare the boy with the cold drink how one person can be cold drink. In the next line we see that he compare him with the hot sauce. how one can be hot sauce apart from this we also see the paradox.  she also compare her self with the puppy and if one is puppy and if one is puppy then how one can see the song.

In the next stanza we see that the boy compare girl with the silky soft thing how can girl be silky. girl can be beautiful but cannot be silky. so here we also find figurative language.in the forth stanza boy say that when we are together that is firework. This is also problematic that the firework is connected with the Diwali. How anytime we can see the Diwali. 

In the fifth stanza we see that girl say that let's hit the beach. in simple meaning we see that hit means to beat some one.  How one can beat the hit the beach. he also talk about the new tread of giving the flower but we see that giving the flower is not new trend. so this thing has also problem. 

In further stanza we also see the mathematical problem that how couple become the three. so here we see that the language problem. He next compare girlfriend with the jashi's rani we can see that the queen is very courage but if he compare girl with the silk in upper stanza then how can she compare with the jashis queen. This two thing become paradoxical. He also say that i will give her pony. pony means small horse. if she is jashi's queen then why pony? so this become problematic. 

So in this way we found figurative language in this song.






Comments

Popular Posts